31 July 2020
As the world recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic that brought tourism and travel to a standstill, Seychelles is focused on resuming operations within the ‘new normal’ context.
Seychelles has so far, recorded a very low number of cases and there has been no community transmission, deaths nor any infection amongst health care workers. With travellers’ wellbeing and that of the local population at heart, Seychelles has put in place protocols to ensure safe travel and stay for its visitors. While visitors enjoy their stay, it is essential that they remain conscious of these safety measures to keep Seychelles safe.
The procedures and restrictions present in this advisory are applicable to visitors staying at tourism accommodation establishments as well as liveaboards that meet the safe criteria. The content of this advisory may be revised periodically based on the guidance of the Public Health Authority.
As of 1 st August 2020, Seychelles International Airport is open for scheduled commercial flights. Only passengers from permitted countries published by the Public Health Authority will be allowed in the country.
Visitors are requested to adhere to all measures stated in this advisory and ensure that all requirements are met prior to arrival, failing which, may result in restriction of entry.
A separate advisory for returning residents and GOP holders is available on the website of the Department of Health at to http://tourism.gov.sc/covid-19-guidelines
PRE - TRAVEL PROCEDURES
1. Visitors including infants and children coming from permitted countries must have a negative COVID-19 PCR certificate from an accredited laboratory. The test must be taken maximum of 72 hours before departure. Persons from other countries will not be authorized to enter Seychelles for the time-being. The list of permitted countries is available at http://tourism.gov.sc/covid-19-guidelines/ and is revised periodically.
2. Visitors must submit their negative PCR test results, flights and accommodation details before departure. The submission form is available on the websites of the Department of Tourism and Department of Health. Completed forms should be submitted to the email address email@example.com. Download a copy of the submission form to accompany the COVID-19 test result at http://www.health.gov.sc/index.php/covid-19/forms/ Failure to submit the form may result in delayed arrival procedures and additional testing.
3. Upon check in, all travellers coming to Seychelles must submit the approved test results to their respective airline companies for verification. Visitors must comply with all airline protocols throughout their journey.
4. Visitors transiting through countries not on the permitted list will be allowed entry into Seychelles only if they do not exit the airport during transit.
5. Visitors must ensure that accommodation bookings are made only at licensed establishments or liveaboards that have been certified by the Public Health Authority. The list of certified establishments is available on the website of the Department of Tourism: to http://tourism.gov.sc/covid-19-guidelines All booking vouchers reflecting the entire duration of stay in Seychelles must be presented at the Immigration counter for verification. Visitors without such a booking will be directed to another establishment that is certified.
6. Visitors must ensure that they have valid travel insurance with full medical coverage, including Covid19 related medical care, for the duration of their stay in Seychelles.
1. The authorities at Seychelles International Airport have established measures for safe movement at the airport as follows:-
2. All visitors will undergo temperature checks and health screening.
STAY AT ACCOMMODATION ESTABLISHMENTS OR LIVEABOARDS
PCR TEST PRIOR TO DEPARTURE
PCR test facilities are available on the 3 main islands namely Mahe, Praslin and La Digue to visitors prior to departure. Visitors requiring the test should contact the Public Health Authority well in advance on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +248 4388410 to make the necessary arrangements. The PCR test currently costs SCR2, 500.00. Children below the age of 10 years and persons of 65 years and above are exempted from the fee. All PCR tests administered in Seychelles are accredited by the Ministry of Health.
Visitors who develop symptoms of a possible respiratory infection (fever, cough, shortness of breath) will be referred to the health services for prompt attention. In the event that a visitor is found to be infected with COVID-19, the Public Health Authority requires that the person is isolated from the population and other visitors until recovery from the infection. Seychelles has extensive and modern health care services and visitors can expect quality care in the event of illness.
For any further enquiries please email email@example.com
Seychelles official travel advice during Covid-19 time at http://tourism.gov.sc/covid-19-guidelines/
Villa Belle Plage is certified by the Seychelles Public Health Authorities to accommodate visitors for compliance with strict health and hygiene measures, in line with global health and safety standards against COVID-19. It is on the list of health certified Tourism Accommodation establishments at http://tourism.gov.sc/covid-19-guidelines